Show Us The Father:

Show Us The Father:
Some of us today might still ask;
"Jesus show me the father to help me believe;
This was asked of Jesus probable many times since His first coming;
As a human our minds are on; and always thinking of worldly things,
and that leads us to our worldly human reasoning, I am sure we still ask this question today;
"Would you show me the father Jesus to help me believe?"
We read in the new testament that even the disciples of Jesus asked this:

John Chapter 14: verse 8.
Philip said to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us.

We need to read John Chapter 14:
So we can find out what was going on here with the 12 displays and Jesus;

(John 14: 1-13)
1. Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.
(Jesus is preparing His disciples for His crucifixion that He will soon face; 
He is telling them to not be afraid of is soon to come to pass; 
"Let not your hearts be troubled" 
That is saying that we as believers have the ability to chose to be troubled or not;
Jesus said " Let not" = meaning you can let it be troubled; 
We must walk by faith and not let our hearts be trouble throughout life:)
Another place where we are to let!
(Philippians 2:5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:)
2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, 
I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(Here is a promise that we, and His disciples have something to look forward to:)
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, 
and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
(Jesus is promising that He will come again)
4. And where I go you know, and the way you know.
(Jesus is telling them that they already should know what they need to know;)
5. Thomas said to him, Lord, we know not where you go; 
and how can we know the way?
6. Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: 
no man comes to the Father, but by me.
(Jesus is saying that He is the only way to heaven, there is no other way to get there;)
7. If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: 
and from now on you know him, and have seen him.
(Jesus is saying that if a person has know Him they would know the Father also;
Because Jesus is the Father)
8. Philip said to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffises us.
9. Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, 
and yet have you not known me, Philip?
he that has seen me has seen the Father; 
and how say you then, Show us the Father?
10. Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?  
the words that I speak to you I speak not of myself: 
but the Father that dwells in me, he does the works.
11. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: 
or else believe me for the very works' sake.
(Jesus is saying that the Father is in Him and that He is in the Father)
12. Truly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me, 
the works that I do shall he do also;
and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to my Father.
(Jesus is telling all who believe in Jesus that we can do all the 
Miracles; Healing s; Raising of the Dead that He did; and 
He adds to that and says that we can do 
Greater Works than what Jesus did;;Wow! 
Because Jesus is going to the father;; 
What happen when Jesus went to the Father?; 
What did the Father send?; )

Luke 24:
49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father on you: 
but tarry you in the city of Jerusalem, 
until you be endued with power from on high.
John 15:26; John 16:7; Acts 1:4;

13. And whatever you shall ask in my name, 
that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
(So much more could be said or taught just in this chapter of John)

There is a lot of places in scripture that Jesus is saying that He is God;

John Chapter 10: Verse 30. I and my Father are one.

Philippians 2: 6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

John 1:1. In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Exodus 3:14. And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said,
Thus shall you say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.

John 18:6. As soon then as he had said to them,
I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

No comments: